Sunday, March 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!




















Actually Ava is more like 13 months now. We have had a lot of fun celebrating with family. I am sad that my girl is growing up so fast but also exited because she is so much fun with all her one year old attitude. Ava Lolabelle likes to thrash wildly back and forth when she is taken from an activity she really wants to be doing, and sometimes throws a open hand slap to the face, especially when we try to take something out of her hand. (SO CUTE) I figure this will translate to a killer serve when she picks up a tennis racket. She signs for all kinds of things like: baby, ball, please, more, milk, bird, all done. Her first word (besides mama, dada, bram-pa, and bram-ma) is BALLOON thanks to the three birthday parties we threw her!!! I think every one year old should get a birthday celebration that last a week.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks to her Aunt Anna, she had a wonderful cake that she ate, well sort of ate.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
For spring break we spent a week at Betty's cabin in Dutch John. Ava filled her pockets with rocks. She is starting a collection early.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here Ava got her first taste of swinging solo. She didn't know what to think at first.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Soon she decided it was fun and even laughed a little.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She has taken her first few steps by herself but still prefers to cover long distances on the ground. I say whats the rush, she has the rest of her life to be upright.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
Here's one of my most favorite pictures so far. She was in the best mood this day and thanks to her mom, had a very cute pair of ponytails. This is her "I can get away with anything" look.









12 comments:

Jeff and Nanci said...

Be careful with that "I can get away with anything" look. That can become dangerous. Gracie is miss drama. When she asks for something now she just throws herself on the floor or lays her head on the table and crys a LITTLE cause she figures that is much easier.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Cute pictures. I think the next time Ava and Callie get together they will be a little more dangerous. It will be fun to watch, though.

Miss you guys lots.

Jen and Rob said...

Sorry we missed it little Ava:( Happy birthday you sneeky little red head you. Love you much.

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

What a QT PIE! Happy birthday Ava. I can't wait until I see her cute face in Kiddie Kandids. BTW that last pics is ADORABLE! Love the pig tails and shirt.

becky said...

What a cute 13 month year old. Watch out! You'll have to beat the boys away when she's older. Loved the pictures.

Jeana said...

I can't believe she is already one...So cute~!

Grandma & Grandpa "B" said...

Ava is adorable. We had a lot of fun when we celebrated her birthday at our house. We can see why her parents are so selfish with her and don't share her with her grandparents very often - she is just too cute to part with. We miss her.

Sheryl said...

What an adorable little girl. I've been waiting for a birthday post! It looks like you had a celebration! Three parties--don't tell Elizabeth ;)

Brandon said...

Looks like a ton of fun!

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

chelle says, "that last face looks really cute", I say, "her face looks like Joe Bradbury." She says, "so you're saying Joe Bradbury is cute?.."

Some times I just don't think my wife gets me.

uncle addie.

Nikki said...

She is so dang cute! What a cute princess crown and yeah don't sweat the walking thing. They all do it, right?

Brittany said...

She is so so adorable - oh my gosh! :) what a doll! And I laughed about the open hand hitting only because I think Gabe will probably have a killer serve too! (the time out stool is logging some hours...well minutes!)