Monday, March 31, 2008

Quarantined!!!!!!




Sad Ava with red eyes, cough, and tons of secretions!






Mom dressed me up for a photo shot!

Daddy dressed me up & feeling better today!














Last week Ava was diagnosied with RSV........ an acronym for an Adult cold in a baby. Of course I have spent the last week suctioning, giving breathing treatments, counting respirations, giving chest physiotherapy...and crying. I am sure that we have spent the last 4 weeks indoors, washing hands with saintizer and sick vistiors wearing masks...and still Ava & I get sick. She is doing much better this week but still has a man-sized cough in her tiny body :( My PED said Ava could not ask for a better mom to take care of her right now....I said I do not want to be that kind of mom!
She is still happy as ever with a new trick of smiling when she is talked to & a big frown when she is sad! Thanks for all the calls of concern...it seems when Ava does have a visitor about 3 days later they are sick too.....Ava "vector" Kristensen. We miss seeing all the grandparents! My mom came by last Friday...not as a Grandma but a serious medical visit (G-Ma is a PED nurse practitioner) to assess Ava's clinical status...by sunday my mom has the same cough as Ava...watch out!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

:( Poor little girl. We are excited to meet her once she is feeling better. How sad for her to not be feeling well.

Thanks for writing to me on my blog! I am excited to come over and meet you and Ava, I've only met Paul a couple times but our husbands sure are good buddies. My strange husband even showed those gorgeous pictures of your Ava to his mom, saying she's just the prettiest baby girl he's ever seen. Before he's even met her. Mike's kinda silly!
Well we all hope she's better soon so you can all be less stressed about new parenthood. We'll see ya then.

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

Aww poor little Lola!!

Juliet said...

Mike said she's all better now. Is it true????