Monday, March 10, 2008

WE'RE HOME!!!!!!




















Today Ava Lolabelle is two weeks old. Looking at her earlier pictures, she has changed but not too much. Kristin is doing as well as could be expected after the surgery. She spends her days with the new one and is a great mother. She has been around newborns for the majority of her nursing career which gave her a head start on the feeding and diaper changing skills. It has not taken very long for me to catch up with her even though Lola usually waits until I am changing her to do her business. Lola really loves her mother, she calms down with the sound of her voice and usually falls right to sleep in her arms. My favorite thing to observe is the way she kisses her daughter all the time. KK cannot do this at work even if she becomes attached to some of the patients she has taken care of. This is good because parents probably do not want the lip gloss residue that I have to constantly wipe off.

I've notice lately that when I log on at school to see my baby, my pictures do not always line up with explanation text. So I decided to place all pictures to one side to see if that helps.



Yep, we couldn't be happier with our little redheaded angel. It feels great to be home.













We had pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids. Ava Lolabelle posed like she has a future in front of the camera. Here she is in her Cinderella Princess Dress.












Here she is in her second wardrobe change. Kristin wanted to wet down and curl her hair but I thought it would be cute up.














Here she is later in the shoot. She did so good but as you can see, she was needing a little help from her friend. (and KK hand holding up the bear behind the rug) We all need somebody to lean on.









.


Of course I saved the best for last!!!!! We love this picture. Photographer placed her arms crossed and set Ava's chin on top. As soon as she started making her look at me noises, Ava lifted her head up long enough to snap a few shots. At eight days old, I think she is just showing off.

5 comments:

Jolene said...

KKK,
We can't get over how cute Lola is!!! Hope everything is going well in the Kristensen home, and we look forward to you coming back to work.

Love,
Jolene and the rest of clan at IMC

Unknown said...

Hey paul and kristen, Its mindy (melanie's sister) I was just checking out your blog, mel told me about it, congrats on your cute little girlie. she is just adorable.

kt said...

i love her. i love her. i love her.

these photos are even cuter than you described. she's already ahead of the curve holding her head up at 8 days old! only two more weeks until i get to meet her!

cute. absolutely adorable.

love, auntie katedawg...

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

KK has obviously not looked at my blog in a while.

-Brig

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

You guys make one cute baby!!! Hope ours (whenever we have one) turns out just as cute! She's going to be a model! Love you all!