Thursday, February 28, 2008

AVA LOLABELLE KRISTENSEN!!!!!

The Silent Redhead.
In the operating room I was sitting at the top of the bed holding Kristin's hand and trying to help her keep calm when I heard our doctor say,"Look at those cheeks!!" I looked up to see them pull out Lola and pass her to the N.I.C.U. nurses to resuscitate. She made a couple of cute squeaky crys while being wiped down and poked with needles. I was so overwhelmed with the situation that I couldn't do anything but marvel in the majesty that was my first born. Lola remained silent through the rest of the surgery while I held her and prayed for my wife to be OK. My girls and I returned to our room where we had many family members waiting in the sitting area just next to us. I asked KK if I could show everyone our baby and she said with one eye open, "What are you waiting for daddy."
After a brief visit with family and a room change, I found myself with alone with Ava Lollabelle, staring into each others eyes. I told myself that this is the most perfect baby ever and her cutie-pie face was second to none. Of course this is something every dad feels about there own but something tells me this was different.



Here she is in her first dress up outfit. KK has been looking forward to this for months..






















Lola with a fresh bow provided by the nursery.















Hopefully Ava Lolabelle got most of her features from her mom but she definitely has my feet.





Her is our O.B. Lisa Gravelle, She was awesome and also thought Lola was one of the cutest.




Here is the other redhead in my family. My sister Anna has the same beautiful red/copper tint to her hair.




















Kristin kept saying that with all of here experience with babies at work, she would be the first to admit if her baby was a F.L.K. (funny looking kid) but you can see here this isn't the case.


















This picture is a lure to any family members that still need to come see me.













1 comment:

Ian said...

Lolabelle is a knockout!

Congrats you guys!

-Ian, Sheryl, Blake & Elizabeth